Tuesday, November 8, 2016

ELECTION 2016: My Experience In The Land Of The Moonbats



Since there are so many bloggers and commenters telling their voting experience stories, here's what happened in my neck of the woods today.

Here in the land of the moonbats just outside of STL, this writer dressed carefully for her jaunt down the hill to the polling place: red top, red trench, red earrings, and, of course, her Longaberger Basket purse, the symbol of being deplorable.

After grabbing the Memphis Redbirds umbrella which is red and white, this writer took a walk in the rain down the hill.  Along the way, a pair of neighbors pulled out of their driveway and kindly asked if I wanted a ride.  I declined with a smile.

Upon arriving at the polling place, where I stood in line for two hours when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, one noticeable difference stood out.  In the land of the moonbats, where lawn signs are a regular feature in the landscape for EVERY election, not just the presidential ones, there were no Democratic signs in the grass.  No people sitting in their lawn chairs under umbrellas passing out literature.  And no line out the door.  Everyone was inside, and the wait was not fifteen minutes just before the lunch hour.

My state, Missouri, has a new system for voter ID and matching a voter to their record.  We produce our state issued ID, or voter registration documents with the barcodes, and the barcodes are used to do the matching.  So, I handed my driver's license to the nice lady working the machine, and she matched me up with my correct address.  I put my signature on the tablet to verify it, and asked for a paper ballot.  Of course, there were plenty paper ballots with a ridiculously long line for the touch screens.  I walked to an empty cubicle and voted a straight Republican ticket, holding my nose for several of the names on the ballot, and for voter ID to be a required PHOTO ID in my state.

After putting my ballot in the machine, #408 on the day with twice as many people voting touch screen, I buttoned back up for the walk up the hill.

At the polling place, everyone was respectful, and no one was in any sort of campaign gear that might traumatize an overly sensitive moonbat.  There were people dressed in colors, but this being Cardinal Nation, that might not mean anything.  In the end, it wasn't a bad experience.  At least we didn't have to wait out in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment